MOBILE INSTITUTE Capsule Project “TAKE AWAY”
About Mobile Institute
Mobile Institute is an art platform initiated by artists. It is not associated to a specific place and values a more open platform for art development and its various exhibited forms. MI is a flexible interface:
1. As a Platform, MI is a catalyst for networking and creates the conditions in which artists can produce artwork. This specificity makes it stand as a network and a structure.
2. MI develops Projects as an artist group, working in association with established institutions and artists. Through its dynamic behaviour, MI creates specific productions.
3. The Laboratory is an experimental area where the MI utopian vision and research are used as a device for generating projects.
The Capsule Project
The term Capsule designates a group formed by a box-like volume and a specifically produced and integrated artwork. The box is produced by Mobile Institute and the artwork by a guest artist.
Each box is moulded out of resin (polyester), cork and fibre-glass. Its shape and reduced format (51 cm x 28 cm x 22 cm) makes it shock resistant and easy to transport.
The Capsule Project suggests a reflection on producing, advertising and exhibition methods used for artworks.
It relies on collaboration between selected artists, cultural institutions, various private entities and Mobile Institute.
Taking as its starting point the formal constraints of a box, the Capsule Project delivers a mobile and gradually increasing art collection.
The Capsule Project is a networking system between numerous institutions, partners and artists. It generates a dynamic way of promoting the mutual project stakeholders.
- Boxes are conceived by Mobile Institute.
- Artists transform boxes making them singular and original Capsules.
- Dissemination and exhibition of Capsules:
Capsules are placed in circulation and exhibited independently. Momentarily and Selectively, Capsules will be reunited for collective exhibitions. Any individual or establishment is entitled to receive, exhibit and relay one or all Capsules.
- Geo-location of each Capsule.
The website offers an extensive view of the complete Capsule Project. All Capsules are listed with technical data and a historical itinerary.
- The expansion of the project is limited up to 100 Capsules.
The Capsule Project is backed by
Artists / Mobile Institute (Pacome Beru, Jonathan Sullam, Tom Hillewaere, Ismael Bennani, Orfee Grandhomme), Dejode & Lacombe, Project Diligence, Yann Leguay, Antoine Meyer, Jean Daniel Bourgeois, Pierre-Laurent Cassière, Jos Bickle, Djos Janssens, Marlet Leowe, Samir Mougas, Souche.
Exhibitors / La Centrale Electrique, Le 9bis, Hôtel Villard, La Cité du Design, Biennale International Design, L’Entreprise, Musée d’Art Moderne de Saint-Etienne, KIBLA Art Platform.
Partners / L’ARBA – ESA (Marc Patouche), Atelier AesP (Guy Massaux, Hélène Moreau, Florian Kiniques, Petko Ognyanov), La Cité du Design, Überknackig Studio, Pro-Création, and Céline Chagnot, ACE KIBLA.
October 21, 2011 – November 2, 2011
Opening: October 21, 2011, 8pm
KiBela / KIBLA Maribor
KiBela, space for art, is open between 9am and 10pm, Saturdays between 4pm and 10pm,
closed on Sundays.
Supported by: EU-EACEA, Culture program, Brussels, Ministry of culture, Municipality of Maribor, Office of the Republic of Slovenia for Youth.
Photos (Boštjan Lah)
Projects, Coproduction and International Cooperation
Subscribe to newsletters
Find us on:
E-Excellence Award 2008